Yes! Haley Farm is approved and rated by AAA. We have a three (3) diamond rating with AAA, and 3 stars with Mobil. These agencies don’t usually give a four star rating unless the facility offers such things as a full-scale restaurant, swimming pool, bell hop, etc. But they all said that our housekeeping was exemplary, and our guests always enjoy their stay here.
What’s included in the price?
At Haley Farm we take pride in giving great comfort at a great value.
• We have a collection of board games (Trivial Pursuit, Monopoly, Scrabble, Survivor, cards, Battle of the sexes, etc.), as well as books and magazines, all free to use.
• The Inn and cottage have free WiFi.
• Part of the charm of staying on a farm, is to be able to roam around the facility and explore the fields and horses. You can daydream in the hammock under the maple tree (gorgeous colors in the fall), or sit around the open fire and roast marshmallows under a canopy of brilliant stars. It will certainly let you de-stress very quickly.
What extra activities are available?
• For those that want to enjoy contra dancing in the barn (do-se-do, etc.), we can definitely arrange them for you given sufficient notice (at an extra cost).
• Other things that are extra are massage, reflexology, and horseback riding. While we have about a dozen horses on the farm, the riding is done at the stables, which are five minutes from the farm. The Spa offers an array of services such as Swedish massage, Deep Tissue, Hot Stone massage, and reflexology. You will need to make an appointment for the massage therapist. You should definitely take advantage of this being on-site as it will help you feel truly rested and rejuvenated.
What to do during your stay?
Haley Farm is situated in Western Maryland. We are blessed with natural beauty all around us, from the six state parks, to beautiful Deep Creek Lake. The farm is on a 65 acre farm about 5 minutes from the Deep Creek Lake, 10 minutes from the Wisp Ski Resort, and the golf courses, and five to twenty minutes from the state parks. Haley’s Lakeside Cottage is right on Deep Creek Lake with an incredible view of the lake, and of the ski slopes. As you will see from the list below there is plenty to see and do.
Is smoking allowed?
Smoking is NOT allowed inside the facility – in bedrooms or sitting or dining areas or in the cottage. Smoking is only allowed outside. We do not allow smoking inside as it makes it hard to get the smell out of the bedding and curtains, and also the next guest may be allergic to the smell. Please no smoking inside.
What is the weather like?
We are about 3000ft above sea level and so it is a lot cooler here than in the Washington or Pittsburgh area. Before the invention of air-conditioning, this was a prime getaway destination of the rich, as it has very low humidity and is cool in the summer. We know, however, that nowadays guests expect air-conditioning so all our rooms and suites do have air conditioning. However you may want to bring a sweater with you as it can get fairly cool at night even in the summer.
As for winter, this is a winter wonderland, with an average of 150 inches of snow a year. The ski slopes open in late November and stay open till mid-March. All the suites have private fireplaces to keep you cozy and warm.
Is there internet access at the farm?
Yes we do have free WiFi, but wouldn’t you rather be doing something less mundane on your time off?
How long does it take to get there?
Haley Farm is about 3 hours from the Baltimore, Washington area, and about 2 hours from Pittsburgh. You can take longer if you take the scenic road (Rte 50), but I-68 is a wonderful road and not at all crowded.
Do all the rooms have private bathrooms?
Yes! All the suites have private bathrooms that are ensuite. There is no sharing, or going down the hall for the bathroom. The suites all have private Jacuzzis and showers.